Aspire Academy, previously known as Confluence Academy-Walnut Park, is in the former Cardinal Ritter Preparatory School. We are located at 5421 Thekla Avenue. The campus opened in 2004 as the second school in the Confluence Academy network.
Aspire Academy educates students in pre-kindergarten through second grade. Our school is led by Lacqweda Taylor, principal.
Many of our families joined our school when it was known as Confluence Academy-Walnut Park, and continue to choose Aspire Academy for their child's education.
Innovations in education at Aspire Academy include:
- Project-based learning such as hands-on experiences, cooperative learning and investigative learning.
- Increased technology for learning such as one-to-one Chromebooks for students, and using resources that students have access to at home such as smartphones and computers.
- Special area classes include art, physical education and design-thinking.
- Science will have classroom space and laboratory space.
- Every grade level will use Singapore math curriculum.
- A Makerspace lab for creative learning and exploration.
- Individual education plans for every student to meet the diverse needs of students, as well as academic goals for the state and Confluence. Plans will be developed for general education and special education students.
A rebranding initiative started in spring 2015 with teachers, staff and parents. Part of the rebranding included innovations in education and choosing a new name to reflect positive changes for the future of our school. Based on parent survey results, Aspire Academy was chosen as the preferred name for our school.